Scholarships for Current Students
Eugene F. Timpe Scholarship
- FLIT major who will serve or has served the FLIT internship in current year.
- Minimum 2.75 GPA
- Active member of FLIT Club
- Submit itemized list of forecasted expenses
- Recipients must submit an approved Internship Sponsor Verification form before funds can be disbursed
Award: $500 to $1000 per student
Application Deadline: Feb 1
Contact: Foreign Language and International Trade Office
More Scholarships Available
- Marie-José Southworth Award for Achievement in Foreign Languages and Literatures
- Gwendolyn Conrad and Isaac Parsons Brackett Memorial Scholarship
- Mary Eleanor Buschek Award for Foreign Language Study
- Mary Eleanor Buschek Travel Award
Other Department, College, and Organizational Scholarships are available to students involved with a particular activity or organization. For example, students participating in the University Honors Program may apply for Honors Scholarships. There are also talent awards in music, art, theater, debate, ROTC scholarships, and athletic scholarships.
To obtain a private grant or scholarship, check as many sources as possible: high schools, local clubs and civic organizations, businesses, church groups, and alumni organizations. Many libraries contain reference books that list sources of scholarship money. To receive a list of published sources of financial aid information, contact Tammy Cavarretta, New Student Admission Services, Mailcode 4710, SIUC, Carbondale, IL 62901.
Note: Application deadline dates change slightly from year to year.