Alpha Kappa Delta
SIU Carbondale is pleased to be a member of Alpha Kappa Delta: The International Sociology Honor Society. Alpha, Kappa, and Delta (the first letters in the Greek words Anthropon, Katamanthenein, and Diakonesein) translates to: "To investigate humanity for the purpose of service."
To be a member, you must meet the following criteria as an Undergraduate:
- Officially declared sociology major or demonstrate serious interest in sociology within an official program of the host institution.
- Must be at least a junior (third year) by standards of the host institution.
- Must have accumulated the equivalent of an overall grade point average of 3.0 by a four point scale where A=4, B=3, C=2, D=1, F=0.
- Must have maintained the equivalent of a 3.0 grade point average in sociology courses taken at the host institution prior to initiation.
- Must have completed at least four (4) regular courses in sociology prior to initiation (exclusive of extension of courses graded pass/fail).
For more information, contact Darren Sherkat (firstname.lastname@example.org).