Applications are accepted once a year for Fall admission. All materials (i.e., letters of recommendation, official GRE scores, etc.) must be received by the application deadline.
Application deadlines are as follows:
Clinical & Counseling Programs: December 1
Applied & BCS Programs: February 1
Note: to be considered for fellowship opportunities, we recommend that you complete your application before December 1.
How to Apply
To apply, go to the SIU Graduate School website. Application and the following supporting materials may be submitted online.
- Application form
- Personal Statement*
- Summary of Research/Professional Experience (Research interests)
- Resume / CV
- Three letters of recommendation
- Unofficial transcripts
- $65 application fee (paid by credit card to SIU Graduate School). Fee waivers are available for McNair and Fulbright Scholars. Please contact the Graduate Admissions Coordinator for more information.
*If you would like to be considered for fellowships awarded to underserved populations, please clearly indicate this in your Personal Statement. Be sure to include specific information regarding your financial need.
These materials must be mailed directly to the Department of Psychology (address on left):
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores (typically take 2-3 business weeks to arrive after processing)
- Advanced Psychology GRE score (preferred, not required)
- School Code: 1726
- Department Codes: 2001 (Clinical), 2005 (Counseling), 2007 (Experimental)