The following is a list of the requirements for the graduate application.
Application Deadline is February 14th.
- Application (we are now accepting only the online version).
- Official Transcripts from 'all' the universities, colleges, junior colleges, etc. that the student has attended.
- Three letters of recommendation uploaded online by person who recommends, or sent on letterhead
- Writing Sample.
- Personal Statement/Statement of Purpose (1-2 pages) - Indicating your professional experience, educational goals, professional interest, academic achievements, honors, awards, publications and extracurricular activities.
- GRE scores are not required.
- The SIU Graduate School requires a nonrefundable $65 application fee. When you are ready to submit your application, you must pay the fee online by credit card. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover. Applications will not be processed until the application fee is paid.
- International Students must also supply: TOEFL (550 or better - 80 computer based) or IELTS (6.5 or better)
- International Students must also supply a financial statement. Form will be provided by the program.
- Research Interest/Experience (1-2 pages) - Address the area of research you are interested in and why, why you want to pursue graduate study, your career goals and your research experience.
ALL MATERIAL is to be uploaded to the Application (link at top of page).