Liu Xing, Visiting Scholar, China, January 13 - 20, 2020
- Liu Xing is a lecturer at Beijing Normal University, China, and the translator of John Dewey's Letters from China and Japan.
Radim Kocandrle, Fulbright Research Scholar, Czech Republic, October 1, 2019 - February 28, 2020
Sanghoon Ma, Visiting Scholar, Republic of Korea, November 15, 2019 - October 15, 2020
- SangHoon Ma is a Ph.D. Student in Politics at Yonsei University in South Korea, specializing in Pragmatism and American political thought, especially John Dewey.
Giuseppe Spadafora, Visiting Scholar, October 2019
- Dr. Spadafora is a Professor of Didactics at the University of Calabria, Italy, and Director of its Center for Dewey Studies.
Marcin Rychter, Visiting Scholar, Poland, August 16 - October 4, 2019
- Dr. Marcin Rychter is Assistant Professor in the Department of Philosophy of Culture, in the Institute of Philosophy, University of Warsaw, Poland (since 2016) and Deputy Editor-In-Chief of Eidos: A Journal of Philosophy of Culture (since 2017).
Roberta Dreon, Visiting Profesor, March 22 - April 5, 2019
- Dr. Dreon is Professor of Philosophy, Ca'Foscari University, Venice, Italy, specializing in aesthetics. She is the author of 4 books, 2 on John Dewey and 1 on Martin Heidegger, and over 60 published articles, book chapters, and reviews.
Hernan Gabriel Inverso, Fulbright Visiting Scholar, Argentina, Spring 2019
Diana Prokofyeva, Visiting Scholar, Russia, January 22 - August 15, 2019
Monireh Taliehbakhsh, Visiting Scholar, Iran, August 20, 2018 - February 19, 2019
Tao Xu, Visiting Scholar, China, December 2017 - November 2018
Hora Zabarjadi Sar, Visiting Scholar, Iran, August 15 - December 25, 2018
Minako Saigo, Visiting Scholar, July 10 - 12, 2018
- Ms. Saigo is a Ph.D. student at Kyoto University, Japan, under Professor Naoko Saito, researching John Dewey's social engagement.
Andrea Fiore, Visiting Scholar, July 25 - August 12, 2017
- Dr. Fiore teaches at Salesian University, of the Vatican, in Rome. His research project at SIUC was Dewey's reading of David Hume.
Irina Tiurikova, Fulbright Scholar, August 13, 2016 - January 9, 2017
- Originally from Russia (north of St. Petersburg), Dr. Tiurikova teaches in the Department of Philosophy at The Arctic University of Norway, in Tromsø. Her project while at SIUC was the study of cross-cultural education, in support of her work with indigenous peoples of the Artic region of Scandinavia and Russia.
Przemysław Bursztyka, Visiting Professor, August - October 2016
- Dr. Bursztyka is Chair of the Department of Philosophy of Culture, Institute of Philosophy, University of Warsaw. While at SIUC he taught a graduate seminar on "Hermeneutics of the Self."
Sun Yanhao, Visiting Scholar, July - October 2016
- Ms. Sun Yanhao is a graduate student at East China Normal University, Shanghai, studying philosophy of economics, especially Marxism.
Liu Mu, Visiting Scholar, January 15 - August 2, 2015
- Dr. Liu Mu is Associate Professor of Economics at the School of Economics and Management, Beijing University of Chemical Technology, China. His research project was philosophy of economics, drawing especially from the philosophy of Max Scheler.