Applications for the M.A. and Ph.D. programs are assessed on a rolling basis. Applications completed and received in January will receive the highest consideration for assistantships, fellowships, and other awards.
Applicants to the M.A. program should have a demonstrated record of achievement in previous academic work (3.0 GPA and/or higher in history coursework). It is not necessary that M.A. applicants have an undergraduate major in history.
Applicants to the Ph.D. program should have demonstrated research experience, excellence in previous historical coursework (3.25 GPA or better in M.A. work). It is typical that Ph.D. applicants have an undergraduate degree and/or M.A. with a focus in history.
To apply for the M.A. or Ph.D., interested students should submit an application to the Graduate School. This application process will allow you to upload the required elements of your application that will include:
- A Personal Statement outlining applicant’s historical experience, areas of historical interest and goals,
- 3 letters of reference from those who know the applicant’s previous historical work the best,
- Transcripts from all previous academic work,
- Writing sample (for Ph.D. applicants only),
- If international applicant, include financial statement, photocopy of passport.