Build your resumeé with co-curricular activities that engage the mind, expand on your specialized career trajectory, and introduce you to a whole network of peers and mentors.
This student-led organization plans large and small events to ensure the professional success of CMST students, including new and transfer student orientation, BrandU (an annual professional development conference), Communication Studies Day, and other professional development Q&A sessions with industry experts. Most students participate in C3 for practicum credit (pdf), but this is not a requirement for joining. The council is staffed by students who develop skills and certifications in:
- Social media marketing;
- Email marketing;
- Organizational communication;
- Training and development; and
- Human resources.
C3 is the engine behind the School of Communication Studies' social media strategy and provides career-related training and mentoring for CMST students. More information is available via this website.
The SIU Carbondale chapter of PRSSA is one of approximately 300 student chapters in the nation:
- Gain hands-on experience in Pyramid , a student-run agency
- Find opportunities for pre-professional development
- Utilize job placement resources
- Visit PR & business firms
- Become accepted into the Public Relations Society of America upon graduation
Our team is an award-winning program spanning decades. Click on the above link to find out more.
Browse our organizations. Come to a meeting. Contact us. We'd love to meet you!