Kenneth Hughes is a practicing attorney in Southern Illinois and has taught in the Paralegal Studies program since 1982.
J.D. (Magna Cum Laude), Southern Illinois University School of LawMBA (High Honors), Troy State University
BA (Dean's List), University of Illinois
Civil Procedure & related topics.
Experience & Achievements
Mr. Hughes' teaching experience includes United States Air Force Accounting and Management courses; Southern Illinois University Carbondale; Southern Illinois University School of Law; Illinois State Bar Association; as well as seminar lectures on Civil Procedure, Commercial Law, Trusts & Estates, and Agricultural Law.
Mr. Hughes' professional experience includes affiliations with The Bank of Christopher; United States Air Force Management and Budget Officer (Comptroller, USAF/NATO); and the SIU School of Law (Research Assistant); as well as the law practices of Winters, Brewster & Permar; Winters & Garison; and Barrett, Twomey, Broom, Hughes & Wesley.
Career Achievements include:
- Law Journal Lead Articles Editor
- Moot Court Finalist
- Phi Kappi Phi
- Corpus Juris Secundum
- selection by Leading Lawyer Network Advisory Board & named as one of the Top Lawyers in Illinois (2004, 2005, 2006)
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV
- Nominated as "Outstanding Term Faculty" for Paralegal Studies, January 2003.
Professional Association Memberships include:
- American Bar Association
- Illinois Bar Association
- Jackson County Bar Association
- American Trial Lawyers' Association
- Illinois Trial Lawyers' Association
- Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity
- Board of Visitors, SIU School of Law (2000)