Municipal Energy Efficiency Information Workshop
March 28, 2014
April 1, 2014
SIU Student Support Services Building
1263 Lincoln Drive
Don't miss this April 1 workshop intended to assist local community leaders and government officials on developing, finding funding for, and implementing energy efficiency in the Southern Illinois region. This event is co-sponsored by the Masters of Public Administration program and its student organization (PASO). Download event flyer (pdf) here.
Schedule of Events
2:00-4:00 Attendees are invited to visit the following booths:
- Illinois Energy Now Application Assistance
Carol Kulek and Don Fournier, Illinois Association of County Board Members (IACBM)
- Energy Assessments, Design Assistance, Examples of successful energy efficiency projects
Kristine Chalifoux, University of Illinois Smart Energy Design Assistance Center (SEDAC)
- Boiler Tune Up Energy Efficiency Program, Trade Ally Program
University of Illinois Chicago - Energy Resource Center
- Water Treatment Facility/Clean Water Initiative
Richard Breckenridge, Illinois EPA
- Energy Assistance Counseling
Cary Mennis and Sarah Mann, Local Regional Planning Council Energy Assistance Coordinators
- LEED Certified Design and Construction, Maintenance and Energy Grants
Andrew Sisulak, Baysinger Architects, LLC SIMA Fellow Member
2:30 - brief introductions
4:00 - energy management presentation
- "Introduction to the Public Sector Illinois Energy Now Incentive Program"
Presented by: Carol Kulek, Energy Advisor, IACBM
- "Savings through Creative Energy Management"
Presented by: Donald Fournier, Energy Administrator, IACBM
Municipal officials and facility managers seeking information on energy efficiency programs including funding for the installation or upgrade of electric and natural gas products are encouraged to attend. Representatives will help you determine program eligibility and will discuss the support they provide in applying for and managing programs.
This workshop is sponsored by the Southern Illinois University Master of Public Administration Program and the Public Administration Student Organization (PASO).
It is endorsed by the Southern Illinois Mayors Association (SIMA).
Workshop attendance is free, and refreshments will be served.
RSVP is not required, but is encouraged.
For more information and to RSVP, please contact Charles DiStefano at:
(618) 453-3175 or firstname.lastname@example.org