Students majoring in other areas can continue their music studies by pursuing a Music Minor. The Music Minor is an excellent addition to any degree program, displaying a student’s artistic and creative abilities in addition to the student’s major course of study. Employers often select the well-rounded student over one with a more narrow academic background.
Students wishing to pursue a Music Minor must make a declaration of intent at the Music Advisement Office before registering for classes. The courses a student would take are in a Music Minor are:
- MUS 102(2) Music Literature or MUS 103(3) Music Understanding*
- MUS030a(1) Piano Class
- MUS 104a(1) Aural Skills
- MUS 105a(3) Basic Harmony
- Two semesters of large ensembles (2)
- Two semesters of applied lessons (4)
* Credit hours indicated within (); Music minor totals 16 credit hours.