SIU Guitar Festival 2015 (2nd edition)
Dr. Eric Lenz – Director of the School of Music
Artistic Director of the Festival – Dr. Isaac Lausell
November 12th – 14th
Southern Illinois University Carbondale
- SIU Fine Arts Activity Fund
- The Hispanic/Latino Resource Center of SIU
- Mike's Music
- I.L. Music Productions
- SIU Center for Undergraduate Research
- SIU Latino Studies program
Message from Dr. Lausell
Welcome to the 2nd edition of our guitar festival. This year we are branching out even further! Thanks to the collaboration of our School of Music at SIUC and Faculdade de Música do Espírito Santo "Maurício de Oliveira" in Brazil we are receiving professor and classical guitarist Moacyr Teixeira Neto as our international guest artist. We are also pleased to bring back familiar faces such as Cuban drummer Fidel Morales joined by my esteemed colleague and bass guitarist Gabriel Rodriguez. Both of them are professors at the Puerto Rico Conservatory of Music. Also joining us for the first time at this event from Chicago we have Jazz guitarist and educator professor Steve Jacobson. This will be a memorable experience in which International and National artists perform and join to share the traditions and the innovations of the guitar all around the globe. Saddle up for a 3-day adventure into the sonic landscapes of the guitar in its multiple manifestations.
Ali Behjatian Esfahani – Persian Setar
Jimmy Beers – Drum set
Phil Brown – Double Bass
José E. Guzmán Borrero – Jazz Guitar
Prof. Steve Jacobson – Jazz Guitar
Dr. Maria Johnson
Dr. Isaac Lausell – Artistic Director (Classical & Jazz Guitar)
Prof. Fidel Morales – Drum set and percussion
Prof. Moacyr Teixeira Neto – Classical Guitar
Prof. Gabriel Rodriguez –Bass Guitar & Double Bass
SIU Guitar Ensembles
Costs & Registration
- Admission is free for all SIUC School of Music Students, Faculty and Staff.
- 3-day pass (2-day plus opening Gala) - Includes admission to all the concerts, lectures and master classes during the entire festival - $62.00.
- 2-day pass - Includes admission to two consecutive or non consecutive days of the festival. During those days the guest will have access to all master classes, lectures and concerts - $40.00.
- 1-day pass - Includes admission to all the concerts, lectures and master classes for the festival on either 11/15/2015 or 11/16/2015 - $25.00.
- Single event pass – This is good for a single admission to a master class, a lecture or a recital. $12.00 (general admission), $6.00 for SIUC Students with a valid ID.
- Professor Moacyr Teixeira Neto’s master class and recital on November 14th is sponsored by the SIU Fine Arts Activity Fee therefore it is free to all SIUC students, faculty and staff with a valid SIUC ID.
- The last day for registration is November 6. Late registration for the 3-day pass (2-day plus opening Gala) is $70.00, the 2-day pass is $50.00 and the 1-day pass is $30.00.
- We have special rates for schools who wish to attend. The fee to register a School (middle schools and/or high schools) for the festival is $180.00. This will allow all the students in the program plus their music teachers and/or chaperone full access to all of the activities including master classes, lectures and concerts. Contact Dr. Lausell for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
To register send us a check and make it to “Southern Illinois University”. Specify in the memo line at the bottom that it is for the “SIU Guitar Festival” and fill up the provided form specifying the event you are registering for. Send it to:
Southern Illinois University –School of Music
1000 South Normal Avenue
Carbondale, IL, 62901
Donations and sponsorship
We have opportunities for local and national business and enterprises interested in sponsoring the guitar festival. More detailed information of the levels of sponsorship contact Dr. Isaac Lausell at email@example.com