It's about passion!
We believe that music of every time and place is a unique expression of our lives, our emotions, and our humanity.
We connect present-day trends with traditional foundations, draw together passion with skills, and link talent with opportunities to participate, create, and explore.
We prepare emerging artists, educators, and industry professionals for today's market.
Your goals. Our guidance.
Congratulations to our students and alumni who received the following awards and recognition at our May 7 Convocation:
- Arthur Scoleri received the Presser Foundation Scholarship and the Jarvis Memorial Flute Scholarship
- Eva Hagan was awarded a Masters Fellowship for the 2015-2016 school year
- Victoria Moore received an internship with the Fairbanks, Alaska Summer Arts Festival for summer, 2015
- Matthew Seidel will participate in the Aspen Summer Music Festival in summer, 2015
- Petra Bubanja has been awarded a doctoral assistantship with the Florida State University in Tallahassee
- Emily Davis received the Golden Lyre Foundation Award
- Kyle Dixon was awarded the Carl Deis Prize for Excellence in Composition for his composition "Ocean Waves"
- The Mykytyn Distinguished Composition Award was given to Austin Church for his composition "String Quartet". William Radke received the runner-up award for his composition "Respawn"
Congratulations to our students who were recognized at Honors Day 2015:
- Benjamin J. Bollero
- Kira K. Browning
- Margaret Grace Butenbach
- Thomas P. Embrich
- Helen Ahnen Feest
- Andrea Rochelle Lynn Francis
- Ryan L. Ginther
- Matthew J. Grammer
- Kaitlyn J. Jack
- Avery A. Kerley
- Austin C. Manning
- Reed M. Recker
- Madeline Faye Rogers
- Arthur Scoleri
- Mary E. Walden
A complete listing of events and ticket prices can be found here.
The School of Music is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music.