Policies & Procedures
Academic Dishonesty Procedures
The Student Conduct Code, last updated on August 12, 2015, can be found in its entirety here.
Excerpt from the Student Conduct Code describing University definition(s) of Academic Dishonesty:
A. Acts of Academic Dishonesty
In keeping with the principles and values of the University, students shall not:
- Plagiarize or represent the work of another as one's own work;
- Prepare work for another that is to be used as that person's own work;
- Cheat by any method or means;
- Knowingly or willingly falsify or manufacture scientific or educational data and represent the same to be the result of scientific or scholarly experiment or research;
- Knowingly furnish false information to a university official relative to academic matters;
- Solicit, aid, abet, conceal, or attempt acts of academic dishonesty.
Procedures for Addressing Academic Misconduct
The PDF document, "Procedures for Addressing Academic Misconduct," addresses the general policies followed emcompassing Student Academic Misconduct allegation proceedings, excerpted from the official Student Conduct Code.
For other information about Academic Misconduct proceedings and other related issues, faculty may visit the Faculty Resources section of the SIU Student Rights and Responsibilities website.
CoLA Operating Paper
"In order to establish a more viable and democratic structure, providing the faculty and students of the college a meaninful voice in the affairs of the college, the faculty and dean of the College of Liberal Arts of Southern Illinois University at Carbondale set forth this operating paper." -- Declaration of Purpose from the OPERATING PAPER FOR THE GOVERNANCE OF THE COLLEGE OF LIBERAL ARTS