Professor, Distinguished Scholar & Vandeveer Chair
TR 11:00-1:00, 3:30-4:30
Ph.D., Indian Statistical Institute, 1977
Fields: International Trade, Development, Environmental Economics and Public Finance
"Competition and Innovation in Product Quality: Theory and Evidence from Eastern Europe and Central Asia," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis and Policy, 2014 (with Fatma Nur Karaman)
"On the Substitutability between Foreign Aid and International Credit," Economics Letters, 2013 (with Subhayu Bandyopadhyay and Javed Younas).
"International Joint Venture with Double-Sided Moral Hazard: Payment Arrangements and Credit Constraints," Oxford Economic Papers, 2012 (with Chifeng Dai).
“Trade and Domestic Tax Reforms in the Presence of a Public Good and Different Neutrality Conditions,” with P. Hatzipanayotou and M.S. Michael, International Tax and Public Finance, forthcoming.
“International Business Alliance Under Asymmetric Information: Technology vis-à-vis Information Advantage,” with Chifeng Dai, Southern Economic Journal 77, 2011, 599-622.
- Founding Editor, The Review of Development Economics
- Associate Editor, Bulletin of Economic Research
- Associate Editor, Economics Bulletin
- Editorial Board for Ekonomia
- Editorial Board for Review of Development Finance
- Editorial Board for Economic Research International
- Editorial Board for Arthaniti