Anthropology Graduate Program
We offer graduate programs leading to the Master of Arts and Doctor of Philosophy degrees in Anthropology. We strive to produce students with strong expertise in particular specialty areas plus broad backgrounds in all four major sub-fields of anthropology (Archaeology, Biological, Linguistics, and Sociocultural) and an appreciation for the holistic nature of the discipline. In accord with this philosophy, we offer a flexible program which serves students with diverse interests and goals. See also the Anthropology listing in the current Graduate Catalog for description of our programs and details of admission requirements. Inquiries about our graduate program should be sent to:Graduate Secretary Department of Anthropology 4502 Southern Illinois University Carbondale IL 62901 Phone: 618-453-5037 Email: email@example.com
For application materials and more information on degree programs, see links at left.
All materials must be on file for full consideration for financial aid (University Fellowships, Graduate Assistantships)
Final deadline for Fall admission. Applications completed after this date will be considered only in exceptional cases, as determined by the Director of Graduate Studies.
Students are normally admitted to begin only in fall semester. Rare exceptions can be made for doctoral students.
Useful Information Resources
- Departmental Graduate Studies Procedures Manual (PDF)
- Proposal Outline suggestions (PDF)
- M.A. Thesis Titles 1960-Today (PDF)
- Ph.D. Dissertation Titles 1960-Today (PDF)
- Current Graduate Students page
- Departmental formatting guidelines for theses and dissertations (PDF)
- SIU Anthropology Newsletter, Spring 2014 (PDF)
Departmental Graduate Studies Forms
- Departmental class registration form (PDF)
- Committee form (PDF)
- M.A. Proposal Form (PDF)
- M.A. Tool Form (PDF)
- Ph.D. Proposal Form (PDF)
- Ph.D. Tool Form (PDF)
- Ph.D. Special Tool Assessment (PDF)
- Ph.D. Bibliography (PDF)